Join Kieran Donaghy on the Empathy in Language Teaching course. Explore why empathy is particularly important in language teaching and how empathy can be developed among both language teachers and learners.
Get exclusive video lectures, handouts and articles.
A 3-week course with continual support at every stage and detailed feedback on the final project. An estimated 5-8 hours study per week.
Through Empathy in Language Teaching :
- You will gain a deeper understanding of the importance of and potential for empathy in the language classroom.
- You will take away an overview of the literature and research findings on empathy among language teachers and learners and an understanding of the empathic brain and how it works.
- You will take away a wealth of knowledge about how to create activities and lesson plans to foster empathy using literature, songs, short films, feature length films, paintings and photos.
- You will develop a greater awareness of how ‘active listening’ can be used to foster empathy.
- You will gain an understanding of how empathy can be used to promote diversity and social justice in language teaching.
- You will be awarded The School for Training certification upon completion of the course.
- You will have access to the platform and all the materials on it for 12 months after the course ends.
Sunday 8th November
The opening webinar takes place and course material is made available .
Sunday 22nd November
The second webinar takes place and final coursework is set.
Sunday 29th November
Final coursework is handed in.
Friday 4th December
Feedback is sent and certification awarded.
You can register for the course here.