Train Online with Kieran on the Empathy in Language Teaching Course
Join Kieran Donaghy on the Empathy in Language Teaching online course at The School for Training. Explore why empathy is particularly important in language teaching and how empathy can be developed among both language teachers and learners.
Join Kieran Donaghy on the Empathy in Language Teaching online course. Explore why empathy is particularly important in language teaching and how empathy can be developed among both language teachers and learners.
Get exclusive video lectures, handouts and articles.
A 3-week course with continual support at every stage and detailed feedback on the final project. An estimated 5-8 hours study per week.
Through Empathy in Language Teaching :
- You will gain a deeper understanding of the importance of and potential for empathy in the language classroom.
- You will take away an overview of the literature and research findings on empathy among language teachers and learners and an understanding of the empathic brain and how it works.
- You will take away a wealth of knowledge about how to create activities and lesson plans to foster empathy using literature, songs, short films, feature length films, paintings and photos.
- You will develop a greater awareness of how ‘active listening’ can be used to foster empathy.
- You will gain an understanding of how empathy can be used to promote diversity and social justice in language teaching.
- You will be awarded The School for Training certification upon completion of the course.
- You will have access to the platform and all the materials on it for 12 months after the course ends.
Sunday 8th November
The opening webinar takes place and course material is made available .
Sunday 22nd November
The second webinar takes place and final coursework is set.
Sunday 29th November
Final coursework is handed in.
Friday 4th December
Feedback is sent and certification awarded.
You can register for the course here.
4 comments on “Train Online with Kieran on the Empathy in Language Teaching Course”
Hello Kieran, I’m interested in this training. Can you please tell me how long is every session? I understand it’s an online training, is that correct?
Yes, it is an online course. The opening webinar on Sunday 8th November and the second webinar on Sunday 22nd November are both two hours long. In addition, teachers spend an estimated 5-8 hours study per week on reading course articles and frameworks, watching course videos and participating in the course forum. There’s continual support at every stage and detailed feedback on the final project from the course tutor, myself.
I hope this helps and you’ll sign up for the course.
All the best,
I’m interested to take this course,
Great! I hope you can sign up for it.
All the best,
Sorry! Comments are now closed.