The “Tell me” approach is a ‘filmtalk’ strategy which involves individuals thinking about films, sharing their ideas with a group, and listening and responding to what others think. It can be used to help students think and talk about any films that students have viewed.
The “Tell me” approach:
• gives a starting point for thinking, talking about and responding to film texts
• requires students to express their own ideas as well as listen to and consider the thoughts of others
• extends the language students use to talk about film texts
• allows students to compare film texts, express opinions and information that assists their understanding of a film text
• helps students to make film text to self, text to text and text to world connections.